Visa and Related Matters for Non-local Students

(For newly admitted students, please visit



 Student Visas/Entry Permits for Current Non-Local Students



The Immigration Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) stipulates that unless a person has the right of abode or right to land in HKSAR, s/he requires a valid visa/entry permit from the Immigration Department to study in HKSAR.


Non-local students who will continue their studies in the programme but their visas/entry permits will soon expire should apply afresh/extension of a valid visa/entry permit which allows them to continue their studies in the programme at CUHK.


-  Visa afresh/extension for current non-local full-time students


-  Visa afresh for current non-local part-time students 


 Non-local Full-time Students Taking up Part-time or Summer Jobs


 Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG)