Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)
- Established by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) in 2009.
- Aims to attract the best students from around the world to pursue PhD studies in Hong Kong.
- CUHK Vice-Chancellor HKPFS Scholarship offers awardees a tuition fee waiver for their first year of study.
- Provides a monthly studentship of HK$20,000 (～US$2,560) and a conference travel allowance of HK$10,000 (～US$1,280) per year for the awardees for a maximum period of three years.
- For awardees with a normative study period of four years, CUHK will offer the studentship and conference travel allowance at the same level for the fourth year.
Applications are invited from 1 September 2017 (Hong Kong Time).
Submit an initial application to the RGC through their on-line application system and obtain a HKPFS reference number.
Each applicant may choose up to two programmes in each application.
RGC Application deadline: 1 December 2017 at 12:00 noon (Hong Kong Time).
Submit your full application through CUHK’s online application system and quote the HKPFS reference number. Applicants who have chosen two CUHK programmes in the RGC's initial application are reminded to submit a separate application for each programme at CUHK.
CUHK Application deadline: 1 December 2017 by 5:00pm (Hong Kong Time).
Submit the required supporting documents.
- Applications which are not selected for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme will be considered as normal applications, and if admitted, be offered a monthly postgraduate studentship of HK$16,270 during their normative study period.