- For full-time research postgraduate students.
- Annual studentship of HK$216,300 (approx. US$27,730). Payable during normative period of study.
- The award of the studentship will be made known to students with the admission offers.
- CUHK Vice-Chancellor's PhD Scholarship Scheme
Starting from the 2020-21 intake, all PhD candidates who are nominated to the Hong Kong
PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) by CUHK but not selected for HKPFS will be offered the Scholarship with the following:
- An award of total HK$80,000 (approx. US$10,260) in three installments (HK$40,000 in the first year of attendance and HK$20,000 each in the second and third years subject to satisfactory study progress); and
- Studentships of HK$216,300 (approx. US$27,730) per annum within the normative study period.
- Tuition Waiver Scheme for Local Research Postgraduate Students
- Starting from the 2018-19 academic year, the Government grants a tuition waiver to all current and newly admitted local1 full-time research postgraduate (RPg) students enrolled in UGC-funded RPg programmes for their entire normative period of study.
- Local1 full-time RPg students who are admitted to the University without postgraduate studentships are not eligible for this Scheme.
- For more details, please visit the website of University Grants Committee (UGC).
- Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme
- Local students1 , both full-time and part-time, admitted2 to the designated taught postgraduate (TPg) programmes of the University for the 2021-22 Intake are eligible to apply.
- Awardees are required to pay a minimum tuition fee of HK$42,100 for the programme, and the differences will be subsidised by the fellowships subject to a cap of HK$120,000 for each student for the whole programme, regardless of the actual study period. Please visit here for more details.
- Research Postgraduate Student Grant for Overseas Academic Activities
- Full-time Research Doctoral Student: Maximum HK$30,000 in total during the normative period of study.
- Full-time Research Master’s Student: Maximum HK$10,000 in total during the normative period of study.
- Tertiary Student Finance Scheme – Publicly-funded Programmes (TSFS) administrated by the Student Finance Office of the Hong Kong Government.
- For full-time local1 students taking up exclusively UGC-funded or publicly-funded programmes.
- The University offers a number of scholarships, prizes and awards to recognize students' outstanding academic and non-academic performance. Other exchange scholarships, university bursaries and loans are also available. Please visit the website of the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid for details.
More funding and scholarships are available to postgraduate students, including the Global Scholarship Programme for Research Excellence, PhD Students Exchange Programme, Reaching Out Award, and Young Scholars Award, etc. More information is available on the website of the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid and the Office of Academic Links.
- The definitions of local and non-local students remain the same as that of other UGC-funded programmes. Except for students holding (i) student visa/entry permit; (ii) visa/entry permit under the Immigration Arrangements for non-local graduates; or (iii) dependant visa/entry permit who were 18 years old or above when they were issued with such visa/entry permit by the Director of Immigration, all other students will be treated as local students.
- Only applicants who have got an admission offer, accepted the offer and settled the deposit will be considered for the Scheme.
Application Fees: HK$300 per programme (except Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Finance, MBA in Finance).
Research Postgraduate Programmes (RPg)
HK$42,100 per annum
For local full-time RPg students, please refer to the Tuition Waiver Scheme for Local Research Postgraduate Students for details.
Taught Postgraduate Programmes (TPg)
Please refer to the individual programme pages for details.
Note*: All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.