in the World1
Top 50 in the World by Subject3
Accounting & Finance
|Arts & Humanities||
Communication & Media Studies
|Computer Science & Information Systems||Economics & Econometrics||Education|
|Geography||History||Hospitality & Leisure Management|
|Philosophy||Psychology||Social Policy & Administration|
|Social Sciences & Management||Sociology||Sports-related Subjects|
|Theology, Divinity & Religious Studies|
1 QS World University Rankings 2022
2 Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2021
3 QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020
Founded in 1963, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is a forward-looking comprehensive research university with a global vision and a mission to combine tradition with modernity, and to bring together the East and the West. CUHK hails excellence in its intellectual pursuits and enviable research reputation. We aim to cultivate higher degree graduates to serve the increasingly sophisticated needs of the society and to make contributions to the pool of human knowledge through the highest quality research.
The CUHK Graduate School was established in 1966. Our current enrolment of postgraduate students exceeds 12,000 and includes non-local students coming from over 50 different countries/regions from all over the world. In the 2019-20 academic year, the Graduate School offers through 58 Graduate Divisions over 210 programmes leading to higher degrees, postgraduate diplomas and certificates.
- Our faculty members include Nobel Laureates and winners of many other international research excellence awards.
- CUHK has identified 4 strategic research areas: China Studies, Translational Biomedicine, Information and Automation Technology, Environment and Sustainability.
- CUHK researchers lead projects in 9 Areas of Excellence under the University Grants Committee preferential funding.
- CUHK research projects receive strong financial and facilities support from an array of state key laboratories and research institutes.
- More on our research and impact.
- 8 Faculties offer over 270 postgraduate programmes covering arts, business administration, education, engineering, law, medicine, science and social science.
- A wide array of postgraduate programmes leading to DMus, DNurs, EdD, PhD, PsyD, JD, LLM, MA, MAcc, MArch, MBA, MChiMed, MClinPharm, MDiv, MEd, MFA, MMus, MNSc, MNurs, MPAcc, MPH, MPhil, MSc, MSSc and MSW degrees is available, along with postgraduate diplomas and postgraduate certificates.
- Equal emphasis is placed on both Eastern and Western cultures.
- Our postgraduate students are coming from 50 countries/regions around the world.
- CUHK is a member of the Worldwide Universities Network (WUN) which promotes international collaboration in research and graduate education.
- CUHK is active in over 460 global partnerships in 40 countries/regions.
- More on our global initiative and research.
- Our beautiful 137-hectare campus overlooking Tolo Harbour is the largest and greenest in Hong Kong.
- Our campus is dynamic and full of cultural and sport events throughout the year.
- Postgraduate Halls offer hostel places for postgraduate students taking full-time research programmes or full-time UGC-funded taught programmes at a very affordable rate.
- From a one-stop student IT Portal, libraries, learning enhancement programmes, health care to career planning and many other services, CUHK provides full academic and personal support on campus.