Non-local research postgraduate (RPg) or taught postgraduate (TPg) students have to visit the Graduate School to complete registration according to the following schedule:
|Admission Date indicated on the Admission Notification||Designated In-person Document Verification Period|
30 July 2019 (Tue) to 2 August 2019 (Fri)
19 August 2019 (Mon) to 2 September 2019 (Mon),
Make appointment for your first visit to the Graduate School
Reserve one timeslot at the Time Appointment System according to the following schedule:
Send documents to fulfill Admission Condition(s), if any
Apply Hong Kong Identity (HKID) Card
Visit the Graduate School according to your reserved timeslot
Please bring along the documents listed below and visit the Graduate School during your reserved timeslot.
If you are Postgraduate Halls resident, please check-in at the Postgraduate Halls before your visit to the Graduate School.
Collect CU Link Card
Collect the CU Link Card at the CU Link Card Centre (Room 804, 8/F, Wu Ho Man Yuen Building) on the date mentioned on the Collection Slip of your Student ID Card.
Submit Collection Slip of Copy of HKID Card
Submit the Collection Slip of Copy of HKID Card to the Graduate School by 30 September 2019 (if required).
Please bring the following documents when you first visit the Graduate School:
- Print-out of the Admission Notification;
- Originals of degree/professional certificates (Students from the Chinese mainland should present both, the degree certificate and the graduation certificate);
- Identity document or travel document (e.g. Entry Permit, Passport) (The document should be identical to the document stated in your application for verification purpose. The name stated therein must also be identical with that on the academic credentials. Any changes must be notarized);
- Valid entry visa (A student visa in which ‘The Chinese University of Hong Kong’ should be stated as the institution where the approved course is offered. Other valid visas for studying in Hong Kong can be a work permit for taking up full-time employment in Hong Kong, or a dependent visa, etc.);
- “Landing slip” (Sample) issued by the Immigration Department when entering Hong Kong;
- Hong Kong Identity Card/Acknowledgement of Application for a Hong Kong Identity Card (if any);
- Required documents to fulfil the admission condition(s) as stipulated in the Admission Notification (if any) (Without these documents, students will NOT be allowed to commence study.); and
- Confirmation email on registration appointment
You are advised to check-in at the Postgraduate Halls before visiting the Graduate School for In-person Documents Verification. Please take Shuttle Bus Route No. 4 or Shuttle Light Bus to the Postgraduate Halls. (Learn more)
If the local storm warning signal No. 8 or above or the black rainstorm signal is hoisted, our office will be closed. Special arrangements will be announced at our website on the next working day after the storm warning signal No. 8 or black rainstorm signal is lowered.